EXL120, one of D'Addario's best selling sets, delivers super flexibility and biting tone. A standard for many electric guitars.
- Super light gauges for maximum flexibility and biting tone
- Round wound with nickelplated steel for distinctive bright tone
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .009, .011, .016, Nickel Wound .024, .032, .042
Prices are for single sets only.
Their plus gauges offer a slight variation in tension between gauges. These are ideal for equalizing tension between guitars of varying scale lengths or if you're looking to jump to heavier gauges in small increments. D'Addario pioneered the use of nickelplated steel for electric guitar. Today, discerning professionals choose XLs for their distinctive bright sound and excellent intonation.
D'Addario EXL's are used by artists like Kerry King ( Slayer ) / Robben Ford / Pete Yorn / Opeth / Mastadon / Pete Doherty (The Libertines) / Lenny Kravitz / John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers) / John '5' Lowery (former Marilyn Manson) / Joe Satriani / Jeff Tweedy (Wilco) / Interpol / Doves / Carlos Santana / Brad Delson ( Linkin Park ) / Beck / Larry Carlton / Mark Tremonti ( Creed / Alterbridge ).